English Language Education
・Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
・Extensive Reading (ER)
・Interactive Whiteboards (IWB)
・Learning Management Systems (LMS)
・Mixed Augmented and Virtual Realities in learning (MAVR)
・CELTA, GEOS English Academy Brighton
・Preparatory Certificate , Northbrook College（英国）（Teaching English as a Foreign Language） 入学
・B.A., University of Wales College Newport（英国）（History、European studies） 修了
・学士（History、European studies）（University of Wales College Newport（英国））
・Reitaku University Faculty of Foreign Language Studies, Center for English Communication, Lecturer
・EC Brighton, UK. Junior summer EFL programme. Centre Manager
・EC Brighton, UK. Teacher/Technology Trainer
- If I had to choose one word from British English it would be “Cheers.” This is a great piece of flexible language meaning thank you, goodbye and as a toast.
A favourite sentence would be “This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
This statement I find a great reminder that we have to take full advantage of our lives and what is being offered to us every day. As a teacher, I hope to encourage students to be able to take positive steps in their lives, that will further their knowledge and build upon their skills to achieve their various ambitions in life.
- On my days off I like to go and explore the many diverse things that Tokyo and Japan offer. I also enjoy listening to music, watching films and reading.
- If I had the money and time, I would like to spend a week travelling to a part of the world I haven’t visited yet.
As I enjoy experiencing the sights, sounds and culture of new places.
I find travel is a wonderful experience that broadens the mind.
- Overall looking back, I don’t think there is any day I would like to repeat or change.
You learn a lot from your experiences and mistakes and they make up your journey of life.
- I would certainly recommend that students take the opportunities provided to them to visit places that will allow them to build upon what they have learnt.
These could be either at university, useful locations outside the campus or participating in study abroad.
At Reitaku University, one of the best places students can visit is the iFloor.
This location allows them to practice their language skills, make friends and meet people from all over the world.
- As an avid reader, I would certainly say having opportunities to read a diverse amount of material and topics is of great benefit.
However, there is no one book I would recommend for everyone.
For all students, I would recommend starting to read something that is of interest for them and then to branch out and read further materials they encounter on the way.