・Evidence-Based Coaching Psychology
・Student Self-Regulation, Employee Commitment and Engagement, Organizational Change and Development,
・Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics) University of Birmingham (英国) 在学中
・Master of Science（Psychology）（Liverpool University (英国) )
・Bachelor of Science（Commerce）（DePaul University（米国））
・東北大学 (Part-time Instructor)
・東京エレクトロン宮城株式会社 (English Instructor)
・Hitachi Solutions (English Instructor)
・Staying Committed: Foreign Faculty in Japanese Universities (Research Presentation),JALT International Conference (2021.11.13)
・Facilitating Self-Regulation in Learners Using Coaching Psychology (Presentation), co-author, Oita 12th Annual Symposium (2021.10.16)
・Promoting Reflective Dialogue to Enhance Professional Well-being (Presentation), co-author, ALT CUE Conference (2021.09.11)
・A Growth Mindset in the Classroom (Volume 7, Issue 2), JALT Mind, Brain, and Education Think Tank (2021.02.01)
・The Anxious Elephant in the Room (Volume 7, Issue 1), JALT Mind, Brain, and Education Think Tank (2021.01.01)
・Keeping It Going: Universities Adapting to Change (Volume 6, Issue 9), JALT Mind, Brain, and Education Think Tank (2020.09.01)
・Online Discussion to Fuel In-class Participation (Poster Presentation ), JALT CALL Conference (2020.06.06)
- “Survival is the ability to swim in strange water.” - Frank Herbert, Dune
I like this quote a lot because it speaks to all the challenges we face as human beings. As a teacher, it is important to prepare students for these challenges and give them the tools to thrive in unfamiliar situations.
- I try to play the trumpet for a short time each after I wake up and do a little exercise. Breakfast is my favorite meal, so I usually cook every morning. In the afternoon, I try to get out of the house and find something new around the city like a unique store or restaurant. If I have time in the evenings, I’ll either read or go to the cinema.
- If I had week off and a million yen, I would go to the Bahamas on a week-long fishing trip. I would live on the boat and spearfish for lobster and red snapper. At night, I’d park the boat near the island of Bimini, where Hemingway often visited, and get to know the local people.
- I really can’t think of a specific day I would want to change. I learn a lot by looking back and accepting the choices I’ve made. Of course, I’ve had some days there weren’t ideal, but it’s all part of life.
- I recommend spending a week or two in Costa Rica. Rent a car and drive away from the city. The natural beauty is astounding, the people are friendly, and the wildlife is untamed. I’ve visited there three times in my childhood and have always wanted to go back. Never have I felt more in tune with nature.
- I am a huge fan of Science Fiction. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin is one book that I found gave me great insight into how people may be fundamentally different in so many respects. Yet, the book illustrates that if we let go of the fear of the unknown by not making assumptions right away, we may just be able to find common ground.