MACNAUGHTON, Andrew Stewart
- ・Corporate ideologies; law and behavior; transitions in language and identity; colonization processes
- ・The University of Hong Kong, Japanese Studies/Anthropology 修了
- ・University of New Brunswick, Anthropology 修了
- ・Dalhousie University, Social Anthropology 卒業
- ・PhD（The University of Hong Kong）
- ・MA（University of New Brunswick）
- ・BA honors（Dalhousie University）
- ・麗澤大学外国語学部 准教授
- ・The University of Hong Kong, School of Modern Languages and Cultures, Research Officer
- ・The University of Hong Kong, School of Modern Languages and Cultures, Teaching Consultant
- ・The University of Hong Kong, Department of Japanese Studies, Honorary Tutor
- ・The University of Hong Kong, Department of Japanese Studies, Summer Project Editor in Japanese Business Studies
- ・『アジア・オセアニア地域における多文化共生社会と日本語教育・日本研究』 共著 向日葵出版社 （2009.05）
- ・Journal of Japanese Language Study and Research, 2010年10月～ 共著 （2010.10）
- ・"Proposing a Common ‘Ideologyscape’ of State and Company in Japan’s EFL Industry—A Research Note" Reitaku Review, 18: 113-125 単 麗澤大学英米文化研究会刊 （2012.06.14）
- ・「死と市民安全の司法化ー香港における検死官裁判所の市民の代弁者としての役割」 中国２１、Vol.41: 150-174 共 東方書店 （2014.08.20）
- ・Corruption Judgments in Prewar Japan: Locating the Influence of Tradition, Morality and Trust on Criminal Justice, in Anders, G. and M. Nuijten, (eds), Corruption and the Secret of Law: An Anthropological Perspective, Aldershot: Ashgate, 2007. 共
- ・“Placing Tourism among the Options for Small Forest Owners in Northern Japan,” The Journal of Small-Scale Forest Economics, Management and Policy, 2 (1): 81-92, February 2003. 単
- ・“Seeing the Forest AND the Trees: Indirectly Regulating Private Woodlots in Eastern Canada,” in J. Spiertz, M. Wiber and M. van der Velde, (editors), The Role of Law in Natural Resource Management, The Hague: Vuga Publishers, 1996. 単
- ・Review of Globalisation and Japanese Organisational Culture: An Ethnography of a Japanese Corporation in France, by Mitchell W. Sedgwick. Asian Anthropology 7: 165-168, 2008.
- ・Chaired and presented the paper, “Common Ground in the Ideologyscape of State and Company in Japan’s EFL Industry,” at an international workshop on “Companies, State, and Religion” at The University of Hong Kong, November 26-27, 2010.
- ・“Performing the Work of Internationalization: An anthropologist’s complicity in the ‘eikaiwa wonderland’,” a paper presented at an international symposium on “Anthropology of Business” at The University of Hong Kong, June 12, 2009.
- ・“Eikaiwa gakkō ni kinmusuru nihonjin/gaikokujin ni mirareru shiteki/shokugyōteki kyōkai to sōhō he no ōrai” (Bridging Personal and Professional Boundaries among Japanese and Foreign Eikaiwa Workers) a paper presented at the Eighth International Symposium on Japanese Language Education and Japanese Studies, Hong Kong, November 8-9, 2008.
- ・“Integrating Regionalism and Internationalism through Private English Language Education in Japan: Essentializing boundaries among eikaiwa workers,” an invited paper for the Waseda University Doctoral Student Network/GIARI workshop on “Employment Challenges in an era of Asian Regional Integration,” Tokyo, Japan, October 17, 2008.
- ・“De-Mystifying the ‘Samurai Manager’: A critical examination of personal character and transparency in the Japanese eikaiwa industry,” a paper presented at the 18th Japan Anthropology Workshop, Oslo, Norway, March 14-17, 2007.
- ・“Finding, Forming and Retaining Loyal Foreign Trainees in a Japanese Corporate Environment,” a paper presented at the 2nd Annual Conference of the Asian Studies Association of Hong Kong, January 26-27, 2007.
- ・“Company and Personal Character: A private language school in Japan and its internationalizing mission,” a department research seminar for the University of Hong Kong, School of Modern Languages and Cultures, Department of Japanese Studies, March 22, 2006.
- ・“Judging Japanese Corruption: Finding the culture of judges in Japanese Supreme Court rulings on bribery in the civil service," with Kam Bill Wong, a paper presented to the Commission on Folk Law and Legal Pluralism, Fredericton Congress, Canada, August 26-29, 2004.
- ・“Humbling the Litigious: Foreign nationals exploring rights in a Japanese company,” a paper presented to the Commission on Folk Law and Legal Pluralism, Chiang Mai Congress, Thailand, April 6-10, 2002.