The Faculty of Global Studies
To implement the educational philosophy of our faculty, we seek out students who have knowledge, ability, and an approach to learning that will allow them to acquire the communication and human skills needed to survive in a global society, to grasp and deal with various global issues, and to become global leaders with high aspirations and ethical standards. More particularly, we welcome those who:
- understand and can exemplify our educational philosophy of "the unity of knowledge and virtue".
- understand and are interested in the academic offerings of the Faculty of Global Studies.
- have built the foundations of knowledge essential for study in the Faculty of Global Studies.
- have already acquired basic English language skills.
- are individuals with a strong motivation to succeed in the Faculty of Global Studies.
- are able to apply themselves in making continuous efforts to achieve their goals.
The Faculty of Foreign Studies
In order to realize the goal of the Faculty of Foreign Studies to nurture graduates who are internationally oriented and informed by multiple perspectives with language and communication skills, and multicultural understanding, the university seeks students with the following knowledge, skills, and orientations:
- Students / Those with an understanding and interest in the curriculum of the Faculty of Foreign Studies.
- Those who possess the fundamental knowledge necessary as a foundation for studies in the Faculty of Foreign Studies.
- Those with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for communicating in foreign languages.
- Those who have a strong sense of purpose regarding their education in the Faculty of Foreign Studies.
- Those who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in various areas of high school study and extracurricular activities.
The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
To actuate the Faculty's philosophy of fostering human resources that are cosmopolitan, ethical, and capable of contributing to international society, and to achieve its educational goal of fostering human resources with basic and specialized skills in economics and business administration, i.e., global public figures, it seeks and will accept individuals who exhibit knowledge, abilities, and attitudes that demonstrate that they:
- understand and can exemplify our educational philosophy of seeing the "intellect and morals as one".
- understand and are interested in the academic offerings of the Department of Economics.
- have built the foundations of knowledge essential for the study of economics.
- have already acquired basic skills in foreign languages, bookkeeping, etc.
- are individuals with a strong motivation to succeed in the economics department.
- have achieved success in their studies and activities during their high school years.
Since the Department of Economics and Business Administration offers five majors as well as special programs (the Unity of Morality and Economics, the Family Business Program and the Data Science Program), the content of study covers a broad range. Hence it seeks to attract motivated students with aptitudes and strong interests in one or more of the following areas:
- Problem solving that combines the use of information technology, mathematical methods and communication skills.
- Gathering information with an inquiring mind, to structure one's ideas logically and to present and discuss them in an appropriate manner
- Cooperative group work and volunteer activities that build mutual understanding with others.
- A vision of how to build a rich and vibrant society through sports.
- Originality and a willingness to take on challenges and try new things.